Update May 21, 2020: The COVID-19 pandemic changes some of the logistics around SIE exam registration and remote testing. See our post on scheduling exams for analyst programs, as well as tips and best practices for remote testing. For the most up-to-date information, please visit our COVID-19 resource center.
You should plan to sign up for the SIE exam at least 2-3 weeks prior to your preferred exam date. This will ensure you can enroll for your date of choice, pending testing center availability.
Exam readiness is best indicated by your practice scores – you should be consistently passing practice exams comprised only of unused questions before taking the exam. Read more about how to pass the SIE here.
Download Your Free SIE Practice Question Set
How to Schedule Your SIE Exam
- Create a FINRA Account
- “Enroll for SIE” (see image below)
- “Register New User”
- Agree to privacy statement
- Enter account details
- The exam cannot be scheduled unless you provide all *required* information on the page
- Wait for temporary password to be sent via email
- Follow instructions in email to create your own email address
- Use the temporary password that you receive via email to set a new password
- Answer security questions
- Pay for exam
- The fee for the SIE is $60.
- If a voucher code was provided to by Knopman Marks or your firm enter it here and this will zero out your balance.
- Once you have paid for the exam you will get an email with your FINRA ID number (likely starting with “T”).
- Schedule exam through Prometric
- Follow prompts as directed by Prometric.
- Note: Prometric may have availability on the phone that is not displayed on their website. You can call them at 800-578-6273. You should set aside at least 30 minutes to make an appointment on the phone as they usually have hold times.