Whether you are a recent college grad who has just accepted a new position in the securities industry or an experienced professional making a career change, you are probably checking out this post because there is a FINRA Series exam in your future.
FINRA exams are not a “piece of cake” for most people. They require diligence and discipline for nearly every candidate, even summa cum laude graduates with finance backgrounds! And let’s face it – while you may have to pass one or more FINRA exams to enter the industry or further your career, they really don’t ensure success in your job. They are just a hurdle that will either block your path or permit you to take the next step. Making the process as painless as possible with a results oriented exam prep strategy should be your goal.
To start you off right in the exam prep process, you should recognize what a FINRA exam “is” and “isn’t” from the very beginning. Below is a quick summary.
A FINRA exam IS an exam that:
- will allow you to begin a new phase in your life or career, so never downplay its importance.
- requires a broad “test world” knowledge of many diverse areas of the securities industry that you may never experience or even care about;
- has a predictable outcome – you can assure a passing score by following proven study steps, measuring your progress, and testing at the right time.
A FINRA exam IS NOT an exam that:
- teaches you how things are done at your firm – each firm can have its own more stringent rules, so you may find differences in “test world” vs. “real world”.
- you can cram for – you need to allocate significant hours and diligence. Some material can be challenging to master; there is no way around putting in the time for most candidates.
- is impossible to pass. With the right strategy, a passing score is definitely attainable. At Knopman-Marks, we achieve the highest pass rates in the industry, with a first-time pass-rate of 97% for Series 7 candidates!
Knopman Marks Financial Training takes your career very seriously. We are proud to say that we’ve been partnering with firms and individuals for the last 25 years, crafting strategies that deliver exam success on the first attempt. Check out our video and celebrate with us! Visit our site often for more insights on the FINRA exam prep process and other industry updates.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook!